My name is Rhonda and I am not your ‘stereotypical’ mixologist or bartender. I am a busy full-time working mother with 2 young daughters, a husband, and 3 step-sons. Originally hailing from Brisbane, Australia, I have since moved to Melbourne. Starting my career as a Registered Nurse, and continuing to work in the healthcare industry to this day, I never would have dreamed I’d end up pursuing my passion for Margaritas.
I started @the_margarita_mum just over a year ago, quite simply because I love them and wanted to share this. My personal Facebook page was overflowing with friends and family members posting Margarita recipes and memes, and I became affectionately known as ‘rhondarita’ and ‘margarhonda’. I created The Margarita Mum Facebook and Instagram to showcase my Margarita journey. It wasn’t long before I began creating my own Margarita recipes, and eventually Tequila- and Mezcal-based cocktails. Things evolved quickly. The Margarita Mum Instagram account has naturally grown to over 20000 followers.
The journey has just been incredible so far, and I am blown away every day by the way the cocktail community has embraced ‘The Margarita Mum’. I really want to help bring Tequila and Mezcal ‘back into fashion’, particularly in Australia.
The Margarita Mum brings me so much joy and happiness, and I believe the possibilities are endless. Things are only just beginning, but I am already inspired to take this as far as I can. What’s the saying about doing something you love and never working a day in your life? Well, this is something I want to work hard at, and I love it.
I’ll keep making them, you keep drinking them. Salud!
I welcome your stories, recipe suggestions and comments!
- The Margarita mum is my little labour of love
- Margarita Mum recipes and photography are uniquely and originally my own
- Kindly respect my intellectual property by asking for permission before using my photographs
- Please do not repost images on Instagram until they have been on my Instagram page/feed for a minimum of 24 hours
- Please do not re-post full recipes, and always link back to my site
- Please Mention @the_margarita_mum in your caption and tag the photo back to @the_margarita_mum
To Sign up for regular updates, please click here